WHEN and WHERE
Notice of Mankato Township Board Meeting
MANKATO TOWNSHIP NOTICE
An environmental study for a proposed new Blue Earth County Public Works Facility is now available for review. The Mankato Township Board of Supervisors ordered preparation of an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) to assess the potential for environmental impacts of the proposed project. The proposed project includes the building of a new 90,780 square foot facility with a planned 6, 100 square foot mezzanine and 43,340 square feet of ancillary buildings within Mankato Township. The EAW comment period, which is prescribed by state law, begins on November 28th, 2023 and will end on December 28th, 2023. Copies of the EAW are available for review through the Mankato Township website (http://www.mankatotownship.org/) with hard copy available for review at the:
Blue Earth County Public Library in Mankato located at 100 E. Main St. Mankato, MN.
Written comments received by Mankato Township during the comment period will be considered by the Board of Supervisors in making their decision as to the need for further environmental study. For further information, contact Dan Rotchadl, Chairman at 507.387-2220 or email@example.com
The Mankato Township Board will hold a special meeting on Thursday Dec.21, 2023 at 6:00 PM at the Mankato Township Hall, 788 South Victory Drive, Mankato, MN, to discuss the Blue Earth County EAW for the proposed Public Works Facility.
Below is the link to the EAW information from Blue Earth County.
The Mankato Township Board meets on the third Wednesday of the month (except for noted changes) at 7:00 PM :
Expected Dates for the Mankato Township Board meetings
held at the Mankato Township Hall, 788 South Victory Drive, Mankato , MN
- January 25, 2023
- February 25,2023 Audit of Books 7:00AM, Regular Board 8:30 AM
- Annual Meeting March 14, 2023 7:00 PM Reorganizational meeting March 14 at 7:00 PM No regular meeting in March
- April 19, 2023 Road review : May 3,2023 5:00 PM start at the township hall.
- May 17, 202 3 Township Planning Commission Meeting 6:00 PM , NOTE: BEC Public Works site will not be considered at this meeting.
- May 17, 2023 Township Board meeting - the BEC Public Works site will not be considered at this meeting.
- May 31, 2023 Blue Earth County Public Works conditional use permit application has been withdrawn, so the proposed May 31st meeting is CANCELLED. NO new date has been set at this time.
- June 21, 2023
- July 19, 2023
- August 16, 2023
- September 20 6:45 PM PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING - to approve the July 2023 meeting minutes
- September 20, 2023
- October 10, 2023
- October 26 Special Meeting- 7:00 PM
- November 15, 2023
- December 20, 2023
- January 17, 2024
The Planning Commission meets as needed and notice is mailed and published for each of their meetings.
Mankato Township Submission schedule 2023:
1. Date subject to change based on Planning Commissioner availability
2. Anticipated Board action date
3. Planning Commission meetings are generally held immediately before the regular Township Board meetings; actual meeting times to be verified
4. Exact Board meeting time to be verified; regular Board meetings are usually held at 7:00 p.m.
WHAT WE DO:
To obtain information on zoning, building permits, and land uses-contacts:
PAPERLESS ONLINE PERMITTING
Submit plans electronically for review and tracking. With paperless permitting, there's a reduced chance for lost paperwork and it's environmentally friendly.
USER-FRIENDLY Enter and upload needed information by following the step-by-step instructions. Navigate the software's digital dashboard to find the permits you're looking for.
Reduce phone calls and trips to the office by uploading documents online. Plans, permits and application status can be accessed real-time, any time.
Mankato Township Permits/City of Mankato
Molly Westman or Jessia Steinke
P.O Box 3368
Mankato Mn. 56002
507-387-8600 or 311
The Mankato Township Board maintains township roads in Mankato Township and oversees planning and zoning issues. The Chairman of the Board of Supervisors is Daniel Rotchadl.
Township Road Questions or concerns:
Call the Supervisor in charge of roads: Scott Morgan, cell phone # 507-340-0812
MS4 PARTNERSHIP SWPPP DOCUMENTS:
Here is the link to the Mankato Urbanized area MS4 partner SWPPP documents and are posted as required on the Mankato Township website.
Links: Stormwater Page: https://www.mankatomn.gov/your-government/departments/public-works/stormwater Mankato Township SWPPP Doc: https://www.mankatomn.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/11398